Accurate Financials Fuel SAAS Provider's Growth & Strategy
CampMinder, a privately held, bootstrapped, and industry-leading SaaS provider, is in its 19th year and has earned an indelible reputation in its market. Aware of an increasing number of competitors and the need to create further differentiation, the CEO was confident that by executing on the right strategic plan they would maintain their prominence in the market. However, the absence of a clear, comprehensive, and trusted financial forecast was making it difficult to feel grounded and decisive.
Before Focused Energy:
- An industry leading SaaS provider was ready for the next level, but growing concerned about the validity of current reporting and its ability to self-finance its strategic opportunities.
- The CEO was also concerned about whether or not his company was receiving the correct amount of shared revenue from a strategic partner.
- FE teams leapt into action, including conducting a 7-year forensic analysis which helped reclaim $75k in lost revenue and implementing tax strategies that saved $600k YOY.
- Utilizing FE’s reporting, the SaaS provider could then focus on executing the right strategic plan and deploying funds, knowing that FE was getting the “back of the house” in order.
- With new financial processes in place by FE, they also gained the ability to more accurately track costs and make better decisions when determining company direction.
After Focused Energy:
Focused Energy overhauled CampMinder’s financial operations, including a complete assessment of all revenue and expense items. FE uncovered discrepancies, cost saving opportunities, and favorable tax optimization strategies. Focused Energy quickly implemented processes to improve strategic planning, including a three-year cash flow model, with the ability to adjust various cost and revenue variables, to empower the leadership team to understand the impact various outcomes and conditions would have on financial performance. Results achieved:
- Completed forensic analysis
- Uncovered budget discrepancies and favorable savings
- Overhauled financial operations
- Implemented variable cash flow modeling and better reporting
"I appreciate many things about the relationship, but the thing that stands out the most is your level of passion and dedication. I've always felt that your team has been fully invested in our success and you've gone above and beyond to deeply understand our business and help us in ways beyond what we expected.”
-Dan Konigsberg, CEO, CampMinder